Notes from the 3rd Floor
– Lutsen Resort’s Blog
Top 6 Reasons to Experience Lutsen Resort this Summer
Do you have a trip planned to Lutsen Resort for this summer? Are you thinking of perhaps planning a trip? Then we’re talking to YOU!
Because we’re having an adventurous summer up here in Lutsen. We’re kayaking on Lake Superior, we’re hiking to waterfalls and we’ve even seen a few early blueberries popping up. We want to share our 6 favorite summer happenings to make sure you don’t miss out on the fun.
- The Lake Breeze. Summer is here! So are its two companions: heat and humidity. I’ve been peeking at weather reports in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. Oof-dah. Take a break from the heat and enjoy the natural air conditioning effect of Lake Superior. It truly is cooler by the lake! See what I did there?
- Go on an Adventure. We know all too well that summers in Minnesota are short (but sweet!). When is the last time that you tried something for the first time? Here at Lutsen Resort we’ve got a lot of ways you can push outside of your comfort zone. But they’re all guided activities so it’s really more like taking a small step outside of your comfort zone. OK maybe even just a toe. Some ideas? Try one of these.
- Sea kayaking on Lake Superior
- Stand up paddle-boarding on an inland lake
- Fly fishing on the Poplar River
- Hiking to a nearby waterfall
- Have a Nature Moment. Recently I popped down to our Activities Desk and saw that they have a “Wildlife Sightings” book. Well that’s nice, I thought…a place for guests to write down when they see the Lutsen Resort eagles that hang out by the bridge. Shows what I know. The book was filled with wildlife sightings. Since May 1st, our guests have seen moose, wolves, bears, beavers, loons and all kinds of rare birds. Pretty cool, huh?
- Spend Quality Time Together. Whether it’s you and your honey or you bring the whole family, Lutsen Resort is a special place to spend quality time together.
- S’Mores by the campfire
- Adventures (see #1 in this post)
- Picnics on the beach
- Cribbage in the pub
- Massages at the spa
- Live music in the lobby
These are just a few ideas that come to mind. Take a night off from Netflix and chilling and make some new memories.
- Take it Easy. The Eagles said it best, “Lighten up while you still can, don’t even try to understand. Just find a place to make your stand and take it easy.” Well it’s a bit warm in Winslow, Arizona this time of year, so come to the North Shore instead! Adirondacks on the beach…. enough said?! Add to that: complimentary guided activities (yes, this includes yoga and kids’ camp) as well as a bar and restaurant on site. We even have someone to light your bonfire for you. Too easy!
- New Menus and Fresh Fish. Chef Chris has batches of fresh lake trout from Lake Superior coming in weekly and is filleting it fresh in house. Yum! We recently published our new summer menus for the Lakeside Dining Room and the Poplar River Pub. There are classic summer dishes (buffalo chicken wraps, anyone?) as well as more extravagant dinners and decadent desserts.
So, there you have it – 6 reasons to come to Lutsen Resort this summer. It was hard to limit ourselves to 6, but we didn’t want to overwhelm you on a Friday. Thanks for reading and we’ll meet you at the Adirondack Chairs!