When the first reports of snow started trickling in at the beginning of the week, I was excited and skeptical at the same time. Reports from the various news stations ranged from 1-3 inches to over a foot! Hmm, would that be enough snow to practice my backwards 360? Probably not, but it was a nice thought.
If you’re like me, you bought your season pass the day they went on sale back in August as you sat at the beach lathering up the SPF 70 – and you were excited for all the Fall colors not necessarily because of the immense beauty, but because it meant snow was finally imminent! But alas, even though it might take a few more snowfalls in order for us to really enjoy some winter activities, let’s use this time to get our gear ready.
- Head out to the garage or down to the basement to find your skis, poles and boots.
- Find a video of snow falling, I recommend this one from YouTube.
- Wipe the dust off and shake out any nuts the squirrels might be hiding in your boots; sorry buddy, you can’t burrow in there.
- Check the weather report, they might just be calling for another inch of snow.
- Remove last year’s wax if it’s still there.
- Apply a good base layer.
- Dig out your favorite jacket and layers.
- Crack open a cold brew, craft brew or home brew and
- Keep a close eye on the weather report.
Remember, there’s no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes.