Apart from throwing rocks into Lake Superior and enjoying the swimming pool, what else is there for younger kids to do at Lutsen Resort?! It’s a question we get frequently so we wanted to tell you some of our favorite activities for kiddos under 10! Comment below and let us know what yours are.
1. T-shirt Tie-Dying. Our Activities Crew started this activity this year and it’s been a huge hit! Every Wednesday from 1:30-4 pm. Bring your own shirt or purchase one of ours for $15.
2. Guided Hikes. Our guided hikes are for all ages but kiddos especially enjoy the opportunity to ask questions and explore. Their favorite are the Waterfall Tours!
3. Kids Pizza and Movie Night. 1-2 times per week we host a kids pizza and movie night. The kids gather in our yurt and watch an age appropriate movie, while the parents have the opportunity to enjoy a dinner on their own.
4. Berry Picking. In late July and early August, you can find raspberries on property here at Lutsen Resort, and you can find blueberries further inland!
5. Kids Camp. Kids Camp happens 3 times per week, each with a different theme. The themes are Explore, Create and Challenge!
6. The Alpine Slide. The Alpine Slide and Gondola are located just up the road at Lutsen Mountains!
7. The Game Room. Air hockey, ping pong and a variety of other games – kids have a blast in the game room.
8. S’mores around the campfire. Did you know that we give our complimentary s’mores kits? Just ask at the Front Desk!
9. Swimming in Lake Superior. Lutsen Resort is unique in that it is located where the Poplar River flows into Lake Superior. The warmer river water makes our beach an ideal spot to take a dip!
10. Rock picking and walks on the beach. Take home a few rocks from the beach to remember the trip. Bonus points if you can get your kiddo to hold your hand!