Job Listing Detail: Kayak Guide & Summer Activities Staff
Date Posted: 04/10/12
*The kayak program is becoming very popular and we need skilled sea kayakers to help foster this growth. We paddle from our beach on Lake Superior and on a nearby protected inland lake.
Lutsen Resort offers complimentary recreational activities for guests staying at the resort. These include high quality and safely guided sea kayaking tours and instruction, hikes, naturalist programs, kid’s activities, shuttle service to trailheads, fly fishing instruction, lobby activities, and yoga. The programs serve an audience of families, children and adults vacationing here at Lutsen Resort. Activities and Recreation staff work an average of 38-42 hours per week from June 1st through Labor Day guiding these activities and staffing the activities desk. The first two weeks consist of training and program preparation followed by approximately ten weeks of programming.
· Lead Guide for Lake Superior sea kayaking and inland lake family kayaking
· Lead and prepare for a variety of programs including guided hikes, naturalist programs, kids programs, lobby activities, fly fishing
· Staff activities desk in main lodge – this includes providing resort guests information on area activities, current trail conditions, local businesses, and finding answers for guest’s questions.
· Provide safe activities.
· Stock, print, and fold area information pamphlets while staffing activities desk.
· Drive shuttles for guests to nearby trailheads.
· Assist with equipment inventory and maintenance.
· Assist with program development.
· Report program statistics.
· Complete other tasks as assigned.
$9-11/hour (depending on experience and certifications) + resort benefits
Affordable on-site housing available. For more information, please call Lucas @ 218-663-6630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org