Get a taste of dog sledding by catching a ride with Rita's Stoney Creek Sled Dogs. Her dogs are friendly, enthusiastic and happy to show you the magical world of dog sledding. Rita will entertain you with stories about the life of a musher. This nearby option is ideal for an introduction to the sport.
Sled Dog Rides
Tofte's Stoney Creek Sled Dogs
Nearby, short rides offered by a friendly musher and wonderful team of dogs. Let the team of Alaskan Huskies take you on a journey through the beautiful forest near the Temperance River and Sawbill Trail. Enjoyable for adventurers of all ages! Children must be accompanied by an adult. Bring your camera! Reservations are required.
- 30 min ride: Adults $50, children (12 & under) $30
- Longer rides available
- Maximum weight 500 lbs
- For reservations: Call 1- 888- 61NORTH or 218-663-7804
- Website: www.stoneycreeksleddogs.com
White Wilderness is located in the heart of the Superior National Forest, 30 miles south of Ely, MN. We are remote, so remote that there is not another residence or business within three miles of us. And that makes White Wilderness the perfect place to go dogsledding to experience truly getting away from it all.
Show up to our base, double-check your winter clothing, and then walk right into the dog yard to meet your dogs. Spend as much time with them as you like, then hook up and head out with your guide and team and go and go and go; we won’t run out of trails!
Our location not only provides easy access to the forest for our trips, but it also allows us to easily provide a solid training regimen for the dogs prior to your arrival. And here is where the White Wilderness experience is extra special. We train and work with our dogs---a lot. This eliminates many of the dog related issues that can slow the trip and remove the sparkle from the experience. We want our dogs to know and love their job. We want our dogs to be partners with the people who work with them. It is important for our guides to have good relationships with the dogs. This not only makes mushing more enjoyable for you but also for the dogs. Let our dogs show you their back yard and what they can do!
With trips more varied and more unique than you will find anywhere else, explore our site to choose a trip and adventure level that suits you, whether it be in a lodge, yurt, or camping, or include a night run, fishing, or winter exploring. Our guides are friendly and knowledgeable, and our equipment is built with you in mind.
Come north… your dog sled is waiting.
- Traditional & Premier Day Trips
- Half & ¾ Day Trips
- 4 Night Traditional and Premium Lodge Trip
- Yurt Stays
- Camping & Fishing Trips
- Family and Group Trips
- Customized Packages
- Website :http://www.whitewilderness.com/
Grand Marais Sled Dog Adventures
Grand Marais Sled Dog Adventures is a unique tour operator on the North Shore of Lake Superior. I offer a personalized adventure, giving the client the opportunity to mush their own team of dogs! You WILL have dogs in your team that have raced. The small size of the kennel allows you to get to know the dogs, and assures you that you will get the attention you deserve. Not sure about driving your own team? No problem! I also offer 1 and 2 hour rides. Looking for something more? I also offer full moon rides on select nights. I can't guarantee the weather, but running at night is a truly special experience not to be missed.
- 1 HOUR RIDE- The shortest trip I offer. $90/ person. Kids under 12, $60.
- 2 HOUR RIDE-Just like the 1 hour ride, but twice as good! $170, kids under 12, $100.
- 1/2 DAY TRIP- Morning trips start at the kennel at 9 am, and return around 12 noon. Afternoon trips start at 1 pm, and return by 4 pm. $225, kids under 12 can ride along in the guide sled for $150.
- FULL DAY TRIP- Start at the kennel at 9 am, and return by 4 pm. This trip includes lunch. $350 per person, kids under 12 can ride in guides sled for $175.
- For reservations: CALL 218-387-2685 Email MATT@grandmaraissleddogadventures.com
- Website: https://grandmaraissleddogadventures.com/home.html